14x26 Empty Poly Military Sandbags For Sale For Flooding
- Size: 14 in. x 26 in.
- 50 lbs weight capacity
- 1600 hours of UV protection: last 6 months under direct sunlight
- Available in white, green, beige, orange
- Empty sandbags for sale, comparable to those sold at Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, and Amazon
- Polypropylene sandbags for flooding to stop water and keep water out
- Includes tie string: used to enclose sandbag
- Photodegradable: decompose under sunlight
- Perfect for building an earthbag house
- 30-day return policy
- Free shipping (4 business days) to continental USA
Protect your property: Sandbags are an inexpensive solution to avoid damage to your property when there is a flood. With sandbags around your house, your house will be saved from floods. Since their invention, sandbags have saved tens of thousands of homes from being flooded.
Heavy duty: Our rugged Sandbaggy sandbags are made with thick weaves allowing for heavy-duty applications like sandbagging, landscaping, construction, and building flood barriers. The weave count is 10x10.
Military grade, with UV protection: Our tough, coarsely-woven sandbags can be used for so many different applications. Made with 1600 hours of UV protection, these sandbags can sit under the sun for six months before they begin to degrade.
Other names for Sandbags: Poly Bags, Sandbag, Sandbagging, Empty Sandbags, Sand bags, Military Sandbags, Polypropylene Bags, Sand bag
- Made from woven polypropylene allowing a 50 lb weight limit
- Built for heavy-duty applications such as erosion and flood control
- Includes tie string for effortless closing of sandbag
- With 1600 UV hrs of protection, sandbag lasts 6-9 months under direct sunlight
Sandbags Filling Tips
- Fill sandbags ½ to ⅔ full and tie the bag at the top (lay flat when in place). This sandbag should weigh between 35-40 lbs. An overfilled sandbag weighs between 60-75 lbs and will leave gaps which will allow water to seep through.
- Always wear gloves during filling operation to avoid hand injuries and protect from contaminants in sand and floodwater. Safety goggles should be used on dry and windy days.
- Filling sandbags is physically demanding work and can easily cause back and other injuries if not careful. Always lift with your legs and not your back. Do not reach out, bend over, or twist when lifting.
- Do not throw sandbags - it stresses the back and shoulders. Rather use a brigade line to pass bags
- Use a short handled, #2 rounded point shovel with straight shaft and D grip, bagger scoop or funnel to fill sandbags.
- Remove any debris from the areas where the sandbags will be placed. After placing the sandbag, walk on sandbags to create a tight seal between each bag.
- Sandbaggy sandbags are built to withstand both gravel or sand. Be aware of poor quality sandbags that rupture when filled with sharp gravel rocks.
- Gravel should be filled in sandbag when used as an erosion control device (on slopes). Sand should be filled for flood control needs, whether to protect doors or garage or to divert water. If sand or gravel is not accessible, less effective solutions is to fill the sandbags with backyard soil.
Here are some of the purposes for the different color of sandbags.
- Military-green sandbags = used to match the environment’s color
- Beige color sandbags = used to match the soil’s color
- Orange color sandbags = used when the sandbag needs to stand out (such as in safety situations)
- White color sandbags = used in all kinds of situations
What's the difference between monofilament bags, regular sandbags, and burlap bags?Monofilament Bags
- Made from polyethylene (an extremely heavy duty plastic)
- Last up to 3 years under direct sunlight
- Sizes: 11" x 48" (green), 17" x 27" (brown), 14" x 26" (yellow)
- Recommended if you plan on keeping them in place for a couple of years
- Made from polypropylene (plastic)
- Does not last as long as monofilament bags
- Last about 6 months under direct sunlight
- Sizes: 14" x 26" (military green, white, beige, or orange), 18" x 30" (white), 25" x 40" (white)
- Recommended for economical buyers
- Made from strong jute natural fibers
- 100% biodegradable
- Sizes: 14" x 26", 22" x 36", 24" x 40"
- Uses: storage of hardware and metal parts, flood control, sack racing
What size sandbag should I buy?
- 14" x 26": for flood control, erosion control, military fortification. Not recommended for storing materials because too small.
- 18" x 30": for flood control, erosion control, storing materials/food
- 25" x 40": for storing materials/food, sack racing
We Also Recommend
18x30 Empty Poly Sandbags For Sale For Flooding